Affordable Connectivity Program
Advanced High Speed Internet has been approved as a provider for the Affordable Connectivity Program for the Greater Yakima Area. This FCC program is designed to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. This new benefit will connect eligible households to jobs, critical healthcare services, virtual classrooms, and so much more.
About the Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program will provide a discount of $30 month for non-tribal subscribers towards broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly service discount.
Who Is Eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline;
- Approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
How to Apply
Eligible households must both apply for the program and contact a participating provider to select a service plan.
There are three ways for eligible households to apply:
- Contact our office directly. We will provide information on the application process. (509)-895-9600
- Go to www.affordableconnectivity.gov to apply online and to find participating providers near you. After you apply, you will have to contact a participating provider to select an eligible plan.
- Call 833-511-0311 for a mail-in application or print a copy, and return it along with copies of documents showing proof of eligibility to:
Emergency Broadband Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
Do I Qualify?
After you have received a notice that you have qualified for the program, reach out to our office at (509) 895 – 9600 to see if your location is serviceable by us. We service Selah, Yakima, the Lower Valley from Parker to Prosser and every city/surrounding community between.
Get More Consumer Information
Check out the Affordable Connectivity Program FAQ for more information about the benefit.